A Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Lawyer and Attorney Andy Miofsky

2249 Pontoon Road, Granite City Illinois 62040

An Illinois Bankruptcy Lawyer and Attorney 618-931-1313 Offering Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney information in Madison, St Clair & Southern Illinois counties

Free Foreclosure Information

Free Foreclosure Information in Illinois

Illinois foreclosure begins with the filing of a Complaint in the local Circuit Court in your home county.  The Complaint is a lawsuit and lists the names of the persons who are being sued as defendants to the lawsuit.  The Complaint must be served on each defendant. 

Service of process can occur in various ways.  The most common method is to have a Sheriff or Special Process Server hand deliver a copy of a Summons and Complaint to a defendant.  A copy of the Summons and Complaint can be left with a person who is over the age of 13 and who is either a family member of the defendant or who resides with the defendant, and by then mailing a copy of the Summons and Complaint to the defendant at that address.  Many process servers mistakenly leave these papers with someone who either does not live at the property or is not old enough to receive the papers.  Another method of service involves publishing the name of the defendant in a legal notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the Court is located. 

A defendant does not have to sign a receipt for service.  A defendant can be served based on the certification of the process server.

Bad service that does not follow the rules can be challenged in Court based on your sworn affidavit.

The only person who can stop a foreclosure case is a judge.  Foreclose is the method mortgage companies use to take a house from the owner.  Many times mortgage companies tell defendants to ignore the foreclosure while they attempt to modify the loan, but the foreclosure case is a court case that moves along through the court system like a train barreling down the track until it arrives at the foreclosure station.  By then, it is often too late to save the property.  If you receive a Summons and Complaint in foreclosure your first call should be to an Illinois foreclosure defense attorney. 

For specific information about facts pertaining to your southern Illinois foreclosure case call Illinois foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney Andy Miofsky at 618-931-1313. 

Website Builder